G’day mate 🙂
How are you today?
In the spirit of upcoming Australia Day, I want to share this lamington recipe.
It’s a healthy version of lamington- reduced fat and calories with all the goodness of traditional lamington!
Why don’t you surprise your mates by taking this healthy treat with you this weekend!
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup wholemeal flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
60 g light margarine or canola spread, melted
For chocolate coating:
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup boiling water
2 cups icing sugar
20 g light margarine or Canola spread
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line base of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs for a few minutes, then add sugar and the vanilla.
- Beat until thick and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, tapioca flour and baking powder. Add to egg mixture, then carefully fold through the margarine.
- Pour cake mixture into prepared tin and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire cake rack to cool. Cut into 20 squares.
- To make icing: dissolve cocoa in boiling water. Place icing sugar in a medium size bowl. Add cocoa mixture and margarine. Stir well to combine.
- Using a bamboo skewer, poke each cake square then spoon over warm icing to coat. Lightly sprinkle with coconut, then arrange on a lined baking tray and set aside.
Enjoy Australia day!