as I mentioned before on yesterday’s Facebook update, I am sharing my latest recipe- Goji Berry and Oatmeal Bar.
yes! we now have a Facebook page for Grainddiction. if you haven’t already ‘liked’ the page, please do!
that way, you can get a more regular updates from Grainddiction. I often update the Facebook page every couple of days.
so, head over and ‘like’ Grainddiction on Facebook!
this recipe is slightly modified from Chobani kitchen.
Goji Berry and Oatmeal Bars
1 cup plain flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp melted butter
3 Tbsp low-fat milk
3 Tbsp canola oil
2/3 cup sultanas
2/3 cup Goji Berries
2 Tbsp Chia seed
1 small tub OR 3/4 cup of low fat yoghurt (plain or Vanilla)
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp plain flour
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mix in butter, oil and orange juice over dry mixture and stir until moist. Divide the mixture into 2.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Combine sultanas, berries, seed, yoghurt, sugar, flour and egg white in medium bowl, then stir well. Spread berry mixture over the prepared crust.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining half of oat mixture over berry mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before slicing.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee or wrap it in aluminium foil for breakfast on the go!
Hope you like it!
Until the next time 🙂